本 期 提 要 HEADLINES
Cross-Departmental Meeting for IP Protection
During the meeting the Joint Optical Disks Enforcement Taskforce (JODE) of the MOEA gave a report on its progress in reinforcing investigations concerning optical media. In addition, progress made by other departments is reviewed:
1. Reinforcing public education:
(1) The Ministry of Education requests that schools at all levels include laws relating to IPRs in their teaching materials, while the MOEA and the Government Information Office will each promote IPR concepts through television, radio, Internet and video wall broadcasts, as well as newspaper advertisements. Departments based overseas are also requested to collect and report on foreign reports concerning Taiwan’s promotion of IPR concepts, as well as to provide clarifications in relation to false reports.
(2) On November 9 this year a major “Outdoors Function for Protection of IPR Action Year” will be held in the plaza of the Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall, so as to display results from promotion of the Protection of IPR Action Year, as well as commend public and private enterprises that have achieved outstanding results in protection of IPRs.
2. Enforce use of licensed software by government departments:
The Department of Accounts of the Executive Yuan has held computer software management seminars Taipei, Kaohsiung and Taichung, for the purpose of introducing more than 300 computer software management personnel of governmental departments to software management tools and practices.
3. Strengthen inspections and investigations of optical media manufacturers, so as to effectively combat counterfeiting activities:
(1) Since September 2, the Joint Optical Disks Enforcement Taskforce (JODE) of the MOEA has combined administration with the National Police Administration, and more active inspection and investigation strategies will be adopted. Random and night-time inspections will be undertaken, particularly against optical media manufacturers that have had a poor prior record or are likely to engage in pirating activities. It is hoped that these strategies will help to stop optical media piracy from its source.(2) Results of anti-counterfeiting investigations: police and prosecutorial departments, under the command of Procurate General’s Office of the Ministry of Justice, has uncovered 3,126 incidents of piracy during the period from January 30 to August 3 this year. These cases involved 2,757 defendants and pirated items with a market value of approximately NT$7,583 million. During the period from January to September 23 of this year, the JODE conducted 130 inspections on optical media manufacturers, and together with relevant police and prosecutorial departments uncovered 6 incidents of major piracy of optical media. Pursuant to the Optical Disk Law (ODL) the JODE confiscated manufacturing equipment, molds, and more than 180,000 disks of pirated optical media. Border controls by the Directorate General of Customs (Ministry of Finance) and its subordinate offices have also uncovered incidents of counterfeited Omega watches for exportation, imported counterfeited Winnie the Pooh stuffed toys and Adidas watches.
The next cross-departmental coordination meeting will be held in December this year, so as to effectively enforce various measures for protection of IPRs, review results of these measures, and plan for future actions.
Customs Inspections of Export Product Trademark Declarations in 1st Quarter 2002
According to statistics released by the
Customs concerning inaccurate export product trademark declarations during
the period from January to March 2002:(1)
Watches and components: 1
case seized by law;
Note: The Computer Software Export
Management System was implemented on November 1, 1992 and revised on July
(一)光碟部份：(a)Optical Media Goods：
(二)進出口光碟製造機具部分：(b)Importation/Exportation of Optical Media
Note: Pursuant to the Optical Disks Law and Optical Media Management and Inspection Regulations, exporting optical media must be imprinted with source identification codes, while importation/exportation of “ejection machines for optical media manufacture” must include a declaration of importation/exportation of optical media manufacturing equipment. These Law and Regulations took effect as of February 25, 2002.
三、商標部分：(3)Trademark Export Inspection System：
Labeling Inspection System:
On November 15, 1993, Customs implemented the Authorized Imports Agents
System based upon lists of authorized firms provided by the Taiwan
representative of the U.S.-based Audio-Visual Copyrighted Works
Association. As of April 1,
2000 the lists were provided by the Foundation for the Protection of Film
and Video Works.
Members' Foundation in Taiwan)就有聲出版品取締的統計資料披露，九十一年一至三月該會協同警察機關等相關單位查察取締侵權之有聲出版品案件計664件，包括夜市攤販634件、中磐1件、工廠5件、倉庫4件、MP3販賣7件、CD-R販賣1件、門市1件、包裝中心1件及住家10件等，共查扣盜版卡帶11卷、CD359,849片、MP3